Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Candidate for Stratford City Council

I decided to run as a candidate for City Council for several reasons the most important being that it is a natural continuation of my work as a citizen participant before the Ontario Municipal Board defending Stratford's Official Plan 10. As a community we were successful in protecting our local planning rights.

The experience, knowledge and awareness of planning issues I gained in that exercise will make me a strong contributor to the upcoming comprehensive official plan review during the next term of office.  It is vitally important to have a strong and visionary Official Plan.

As a cultural centre for Canada and with The Stratford Institute focus on culture and commerce, the perspective of an artist on council is important in guiding our way forward. I have years of experience in both the visual and performing arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment